quaint area surrounding the Kaleici Marina is full of small
hotels, pensions and restaurants as well as restored houses
that makes the place a major tourism center. The marina
is yacht marina.
Kesik Minaret Complex:
Built by Seljuks, it was turned to a church by Byzantines
for the honor of the virgin Mary. The Ottoman empire turned
the complex into a mosque and which was heavily burned down
in a fire in 1851, where it got its name.
Yivli Minareli Complex:
It was turned to a mosque by the Seljuk Sultan Alaeddin
Keykubat in the 13th century. It is in the centre of Antalya
and thus it the symbol of the city.Being
one of the most beatiful architectural miracles it has signs
at the bottom where it is written “Allah” and
8 km away from the Serik waterfalls where Kopru River gets
flat Aspendos is a very beatiful pamfilia city. The road
continues past the Aspendos Jewellery Centre to the ancient
city of Aspendos a site which is dominated by the best preserved
theater of antiquity with seating for 15.000. The galleries,
stage decorations and acoustics all reflect the ability
of the architect Zenon. The city was an inportant commercial
harbour where corn, rose tree, wine, salt and horse trade
was dominant. Aspendos was famous for training the best
horses in the ancient world.
Phaselis: It is benesth
mountain Tahtali (Olympos), situated 5 km south of Kemer.
The three harbours of Phaselis played on important role
in the history as a commercial centre. The view of Mt. Tahtali
from the south harbour is particularly spectacular. The
ruins of aqueducts, agoras, baths, a theatre, Hadrian's
Gate, and an acropolis underline the city's historical importance.
It is situated in the east of Antalya 18 km away from the
city. Hittites occupied thearea in around 1500 B.C.It is
believed that St. Paul stopped here on one of his journeys
during the time when Perge was an important city of ancient
Pamphylia. It was a very important city for the christians.Some
of the reliefs from the city are displayed in the stadium.
Major ruins which were built by its rich inhabitants, are
the impressive city gate surrounded by two lofty towers,
a long colonnaded street that was once lined with shops
and mosaic pavements, a large agora, and buildings that
was used as baths and gymnasium.